The Nikon 1 J2 is the latest addition to the Nikon 1 system that builds upon Nikon’s popular Nikon 1 J1 model. Featuring a new Creative Mode, a new metallic body, a higher resolution LCD screen, new stylish color offerings in addition to well-established Nikon 1 core technologies, the Nikon 1 J2 offers amazing image quality and stunning 1080p HD video in a portable and powerful package. This is in addition to the 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, a new super-compact addition to the 1 NIKKOR line of lens that features a 2.5x zoom, and the WP-N1, an underwater case that houses the Nikon 1 J1 or J2 and 10-30mm kit lens that is waterproof up to 40 meters.
Nikon’s COOLPIX line also receives a boost with the introduction of the COOLPIX L610, an affordable compact camera featuring a 14x optical zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, Full HD (1080p) video recording and a 16-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor to help capture every moment, even in challenging lighting conditions.
High res images are available here as the press room populates:
Nikon 1 J2 Highlights:
· High-resolution 3-inch, 921,000 dot LCD monitor
· New Creative Mode with a variety of shooting modes and fast access to full manual exposure controls (P,S,A,M)
· New metallic body and mode dial and available in White, Black, Silver, Pink and two new colors- deep Red and Orange
· Nikon 1 J2 with 10-30mm kit lens will be available in September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $549.95.
1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Highlights
· Smaller and lighter than current 10-30mm kit lens
· Standard 2.5x zoom lens (30-74mm equivalent)
· Available in Black and White and compatible with Nikon 1 J1, J2 and V1 cameras
· Available in late September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $189.95
WP-N1 underwater case
· Compatible with Nikon 1 J1 and J2 cameras with attached 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm lens.
· Waterproof up to 40 meters (131 feet)
· Available in Black and White
· Available in September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $749.95
· 16-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor
· 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens (25-350mm equivalent) with VR image stabilization
· Easy Auto Mode selects from six Scene Modes to fit even the most challenging scenes
· Full HD (1080p) video recording with stereo sound
· Powered by AA-batteries for convenience
· Available in Black, Red and Silver
· Available in September 2012 with a suggested retail price (SRP) of $249.95