LumoPro LP 180
Can you say fast, rugged, reliable and affordable! That’s just a quick summary for the new LumoPro LP 180 Quad-sync manual flash. Many of you already know, I’ve been a LumoPro LP 160 fanboy for some time now. Those flashes always serve me well and I love the simplicity. My only gripe was their build quality seemed a little cheap. Well, move over LP 160. The LP 180 is built like a tank! Totally redesigned and rugged. First impressions mean a lot and this thing really feels solid.
Once you get past the LP 180‘s good looks and dive into the functionality, you will find that this new speedlight is even better than you can imagine. LumoPro listened to photographers. They took everyone’s feedback and applied that and so many new features and functionality into this new flash.
Here’s some of the improvements that I am really digging:
– A side ¼-20 mounting thread – quick and easy to mount to light stands or swivels
– A high voltage battery port – can connect external battery packs for quick recycling
– The ability to make 1/3-stop power adjustments – and it goes from 1/128 power to 1/1 power!
– An audible flash ready tone
– Built-in gel slot – specially-designed for the included gels and bows the gels out and away from the flash head to avoid melting or distorting the gels’ shape.
– Built-in wide angle diffuser and bounce card, giving greater control over light output, even without extra modifiers.
– Redeveloped mounting foot with a sliding latch for securely locking the flash on swivels, cameras or triggering devices.
– An upgraded battery door with improved spring-loaded hinges.
– Backlit LCD screen – great in low light.
– A thermal cut-off slows recycling time instead of cutting off the flash.
– – The optical slave features 11 different settings – one simple slave mode and 10 alternative slave modes that ignore between one and ten pre-flashes found in other popular TTL flashes like Canon and Nikon.
Standard features as with previous Lumopro flashes:
– Sync via standard hot shoe, PC port, 3.5mm miniphone port, and optical slave.
– 2-year warranty!
Please subscribe and leave your questions and comments below.